Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has been translated into Scots! And it’s not just the title (Charlie and the Chocolate Works) that’s changed—after much deliberation, poet and translator Matthew Fitt renamed the Oompa-Loompas Heedrum-Hodrums.
That’s not all! Walk in Sherlock Holmes’ footsteps, indulge in an SF tasting menu, and discover Jennifer Connelly’s pre-Labyrinth career… today in publishing!
- This year’s Swedish Nåbel Prize went to Anne Rice! (And somehow involved both C-3PO and the TARDIS.)
- Do you have a YA alien invasion story? YA mystery? YA heroic epic? Swoon Reads is now open to YA submissions across all genres!
- In case you missed Patrick Rothfuss and Sabaa Tahir talking about the pressures of writing sequels to successful debut novels, this video is worth 20 minutes of your time:
- Scott Westerfeld talks about Spill Zone, his eerie new graphic novel.
- Speaking of creepy, Dead Ink is releasing a collaborative horror novella.
- Walk in Holmes and Watson’s footsteps… just try to avoid Oliver Twist and Edwin Drood: