Carol Weston shared this lovely piece of news on Twitter! (It’s also good to know that despite the ever-shifting nature of popular culture, Princess Deadpool will always be the greatest possible Halloween costume.) Now, if you’re ready, dive into the cornucopia of publishing news that awaits you!
- Margaret Atwood is tired of your dystopian nonsense.
- And Laurie Penny explains why she thinks “Dystopia is too easy” in this interview with Tobias Carroll.
- Nebula Award-winning author Alyssa Wong will collaborate with artist Wendy Xu on a new comics project!
- Over at Book Riot, writers including Nisi Shawl and Charlie Jane Anders share their best and worst work stories.
- Nisi Shawl is also interviewed in this month’s Locus, and you can read an excerpt here!
- Are you facing the horror of a blank page? David Mitchell may be able to help:
- Robin Hobb talks about characterization with Writing Excuses.
- We’re fascinated by this post on the history of dragons in art. DRAGONS!
- Finally, archival video of the 1984 Nebula Awards (including Octavia E. Butler accepting an award for Bloodchild!) was posted over the weekend: