Have you realized that a fair number of SFF heroes (or antiheroes) could be labeled as Byronic? Barbara Barnett is over on File 770 talking about the myriad of protagonists who fit that bill in genre fiction.
Today we’re all about the badness of telepathy, discount haircuts, and trading cards!
- Grab a copy of this climate change-focused SF anthology–Everything Change–for free!
- Connie Willis talked to both Unbound Worlds and The Verge about the ugly truth behind the worst possible superpower: telepathy.
- Ken Liu’s The Grace of Kings is going to be a movie!
- Richard Chwedyk is over on the SFWA blog, talking about how he uses The War of the Worlds to teach students how to edit.
- Here are the guidelines for submitting to the Jim Baen Memorial Short Story Award.
- Cover reveal for Ellen Oh’s The Spirit Hunters:
- The Chapel Hill Library has Banned Book Trading Cards to encourage folks to walk on the literary wild side!
- This barber will give people a discount on their kid’s haircut if they read out loud to him. <3
- Electric Literature is talking about how the blurb on the front of Shirley Jackson’s new biography may have unintentionally erased the contributions of another great author–Joanna Russ.
- Wesley Chu’s AMA saw him pit Rand al’Thor against Roen Tan in a battle!
- Chris Kluwe took to Twitter to make sure everyone knows how great N. K. Jemisin’s The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms is.