This election season, an uplifting (?) message from Rigel VII’s Kang and Kodos, spotted by a keen-eyed Earthling and uploaded to Imgur. You can find more evidence of their neck-and-neck race on Reddit.
Afternoon Roundup brings you the latter half of Back to the Future Day coverage, a new Brian K. Vaughan project, and the first big casting news for the Rocky Horror Picture Show remake!
- The Week examined the non-cinematic sequels like Back to the Future: The Animated Series, while Slate pointed out how intuitive the screenwriters’ future slang is. Oh, and screenwriter Max Landis live-tweeted Jaws 19 and got some of the movie’s stars to join in on the fun.
- And we’re not sure which of these caused more happy tears—Doc and Marty actually showing up in 2015, or Michael J. Fox trying on the first real pair of Nike self-lacing sneakers:
- Laverne Cox cast as Dr. Frank-n-Furter in FOX’s Rocky Horror Picture Show!
- Mark Hamill and J.J. Abrams are all over your “Luke is evil” theories—in fact, they were talking about it 10 years ago.
- And while theories about Kylo Ren and Rey being related aren’t new, this post considers the idea in light of the new poster and trailer.
- ::salutes Mythbusters::
- Check out the eerie new poster for Syfy’s The Expanse.
- Brian K. Vaughan talks about being the voice of many generations, especially with his new series Paper Girls!
- Here we go with another “100 greatest horror movies of all time” list. Do you agree?
- As much as we loved all of the dialogue setups in the Force Awakens trailer, we’re due a listen of the music-only trailer: