CineFix’s latest masterpiece of 8-Bit Cinema takes on Mad Max: Fury Road! It’s fun to “play” as Max, escaping War Boys and driving rigs, but the real treat is the detail of the War Boys’ chrome smiles and the inclusion of Coma Doof Warrior. (via Polygon)
Afternoon Roundup brings you an interesting find (or not-find) from the Kepler space telescope, a zombified Lev Grossman, and getting one step closer to Back to the Future Part II!
- Get ready for The Force Awakens trailer, one-sheet, and tickets. GET READY.
- Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk will appear in Thor: Ragnarok, but Guardians of the Galaxy 2 won’t be cramming in too many new characters.
- Plus, Rosario Dawson will voice Batgirl in LEGO Batman.
- We’re not sure which is funnier, that there’s a serious profile on the Ermahgerd girl, or that it’s in Vanity Fair.
- Australians are actually behind changing their currency to dollarydoos!
- Did you know that one of The X-Files‘ most disturbing episodes owes its origins to Charlie Chaplin?
- These illustrations reveal J.R.R. Tolkien’s literal worldbuilding for Middle-earth.
- We’re not saying it’s aliens, but we’re also not saying it’s not aliens…
- How Pixar’s new short Sanjay’s Super Team looks to be breaking new ground.
- A meat processing professional reviews Hannibal.
- Lev Grossman gets zombified for the Electric Literature Genre Ball!