Combining Star Wars and chocolate is probably the most important human undertaking, and we love these desserts from Faith and Flower! The Los Angeles-based patisserie has created a limited edition mignardise board, seen above, featuring a dark chocolate Vader truffle filled with caramel, a solid chocolate Falcon, a Death Star sprinkled with gold-dust, the requisite Han-Solo-frozen-on-chocolate-carbonite, and our favorite, an absinthe candy lightsaber. The selection is the creation of F&F’s pastry chef, Josh Graves, and will be available as a secret menu item through the end of December, or, as we’ve been calling it, Force Awakens Month.
Afternoon Roundup brings you less sugary news from a galaxy far, far away, a possible genderswap for a horror icon, and Vin Diesel’s nefarious plot to level up humanity!
- We believe you, Mark Hamill!
- Kathleen Kennedy talks about the importance of adding female characters, writers, and directors to the Star Wars universe.
- And speaking of welcoming women into franchises, are we getting a female Mummy?
- And, hey! speaking of welcoming even more women into franchises, is Valkyrie joining Thor 3?
- Here is a long, not terribly positive, very funny, review of the XBox One.
- The Penguin’s Dad is once again the Penguin’s Dad!
- Check out this in-depth discussion of The Once and Future King!
- One day Vin Diesel will achieve his dream of playing D&D with all of humanity, simultaneously, and the world will finally know peace. That day could come as soon as October 23, 2015.
- A GoPro falls into a nest of rattlesnakes, and they slither around it, rattling away. If you like snakes, this video will be a joy to watch; if you’re even slightly afraid of them, don’t press play.