While the rest of us are sliding into the coolness of a likely too-short autumn before winter comes, let us enjoy this last shred of summer through Adventures in Cardboard—a summer camp that encourages kids to play with cardboard any way they wish. We’re talking massive castles and forts, at which you stage epic battles with cardboard swords, shields, and armor, because of course. Here’s hoping the next iteration of Cardboard Adventures involves a cardboard spaceship!
Afternoon Roundup brings you the possibility of a new George R.R. Martin television series, a celebration of Ada Lovelace Day, and the success of NerdCon: Stories!
- Of course there was going to be Hulkbuster cosplay at NYCC, and of course this guy killed it.
- George R.R. Martin is developing his “werewolf noir” Skin Trade for Cinemax!
- While Steven Spielberg may leave out some of his ’80s movies from Ready Player One.
- Hank Green’s NerdCon: Stories was a success! Complete with Welcome to Night Vale stars and storytelling of all stripes!
- Get ready for an entire miniseries devoted to Marceline the Vampire Queen.
- How do people not immediately recognize Chris Pratt’s wonderful, dopey face? To add insult to injury, another Chris (Hemsworth) threw shade at the Jurassic World leading man on Instagram.
- For Ada Lovelace Day, Brain Pickings remembers this trailblazing woman—and here are six more women who shook up STEM!
- Up until this Fox promo, we don’t know that we would’ve said we’d like an animated X-Files… but it’s a pretty compelling bit of animation: