It’s never too early to shop for Christmas! And with Hallmark putting out ornaments that are as hilarious and horrifying as the most tear-jerking moment in Star Trek canon, you have to swipe this for your tree. You can press a button and hear their farewell… It’s gonna be a dark, geeky Christmas. (via io9!)
Afternoon Roundup brings you a horrifying alternate ending for the The Lion King musical, Halloween coming early with a Shirley Jackson parody, and the Avengers goofing around!
- B&N Sci-Fi takes apart the world of Frank Herbert’s Dune to see what makes it tick!
- Be grateful we never had to see Simba go up against Papa Croc in Las Vegas on Broadway.
- Finally, a Netflix and Chill button!
- Meet the Bakians in Marvel’s Infinity Gauntlet.
- Shirley Jackson’s House Hunters… oh, The Toast, how do you know our brand of humor so well?
- If you haven’t firmed up your women of SFF canon, check out these books by Octavia E. Butler, Joanna Russ, and Nnedi Okorafor.
- Have you seen every space disaster movie on this list?
- So, the Avengers: Age of Ultron gag reel is basically an extension of the party scene pre-Ultron’s appearance, right?
- Deadpool, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Deathlok—which is which?