Artist Morgana Wallace doesn’t just layer materials—wallpaper, Japanese linen paper, watercolors—to make her gorgeous pieces. She also layers mythology and archetypes, so that the women depicted look simultaneously like familiar characters in fairy tales and like something else entirely. Take her collage of The Red King, who channels a bit of Red Riding Hood as well. Check out all of her mixed-media pieces, including takes on the Norse valkyrie Sigrun and Hades and Persephone. (via Nerd Approved)
Afternoon Roundup brings you exciting news about the last show you’d want to binge-watch, Matt Damon following in Ben Affleck’s superhero footsteps, and everything you wanted to know about Jessica Jones!
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will be split into two parts because it’s just that epic.
- Netflix orders an entire season of Black Mirror!
- Why it’s OK for The Martian to have science plot holes.
- Here’s some amusing alternate-universe casting: Matt Damon could have played Daredevil (the bad movie version).
- There is no Dana… wait, there just might be Dana!
- Hayao Miyazaki’s theme park is just as magical as you wished for.
- Tor.com irregular Ryan Britt interviews Kareem Abdul-Jabbar about Mycroft Holmes!
- Ilana C. Myer’s Last Song Before Night is in good company with other standalone fantasies.
- Can you really have Men in Black without Will Smith?
- Come November, it’s gonna be all Jessica Jones, all the time—let Polygon give you a proper primer: