Yesterday marked the first time since 2007’s Ratatouille that the world has collectively “aww”ed over a rat: The Internet went crazy over #PizzaRat, the New York City denizen whose struggle to get a pizza slice down the subway steps encapsulated our universal existence. It’s no surprise that once #PizzaRat went viral, more than one person made the comparison to another famous rat, bringing home the
bacon pizza to his special kids. (Hat-tip to r/funny!)
Afternoon Roundup brings you conflicting reports on Jon Snow’s fate, the most headscratching fantasy movie fashion, and a virtual-reality Enterprise!
- So, is Jon Snow dead, or will we see him on next season of Game of Thrones?
- Happy book birthday to Nnedi Okorafor’s novella Binti! Celebrate with a review from Geek Syndicate.
- Jordan Peele is working on a horror movie! In the meantime, check out The A.V. Club’s guide to horror TV series.
- Speaking of Halloween (sort of), Disney’s latest crop of kids’ costumes include gender-neutral labels.
- Or they could draw inspiration from Liam Neeson’s disco ball armor, Keira Knightley’s suspender-bra, and Zardoz.
- Andrew Garfield talks about leaving Spider-Man behind.
- Come aboard!
- Why Brave New World is no longer the terrifying dystopia it used to be.
- Check out Supergirl’s many foes coming in season 1!