We’ve seen Disney princesses as just about everything, so it’s refreshing when Disney-inspired art is more about playing with the art style itself, and extends beyond the characters to the entire movies. Inspired by 1920s art deco style, Spanish artist David G. Ferrero has created 12 movie posters celebrating films like Frozen, Sleeping Beauty (our favorite of the bunch), and The Great Mouse Detective. Check them all out on his site! (Hat-tip to Nerd Approved.)
Afternoon Roundup brings you Emmys highlights, the nuts and bolts of sex robot ethics, and an example of Star Wars branding taken a bit too far.
- Game of Thrones swept the Emmys in a record-breaking night.
- Who you gonna call? Ernie Hudson joins the new Ghostbusters, but will he play Winston Zeddemore? Some social media hints from his on-set appearance.
- The ISS gets a special screening of The Martian!
- Robot ethicists are calling for a ban on sex robots.
- Does this mean that Cookie is more like Cersei or Daenerys?
- Steve Martin and Robin Williams riffing on mathematics.
- How the Minority Report producers are ensuring that you can’t predict the plotlines on their police procedural.
- Could Amanda Seyfried be playing Detective Cooper’s daughter?
- Francis Lawrence wants to adapt Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere!
- Use the… Coffee-mate?
- Andy Samberg opened the Emmys with an ode to TV bunkers and binge-watching: