Artist Mark Eastwood‘s “Uncanny Cards” take us to the river and give us a flop full of mutants! Go check them out: Wolverine is spearing a tiny heart, Nightcrawler’s buckling a swash, and Cyclops is using his laser eyebeams to make Jean feel bad about herself! Um, probably. Eastwood has tackled other pop cultural icons, but these cards may be our favorite of his work so far. Although we do have two questions! First: why no Gambit? And second: are these cards already energized throwable weapons that can be used in battle with Magneto, or is that something we’d have to specifically request if we ordered a set?
Morning Roundup brings you a tale of clocks mistaken for bombs, metaphorical shag carpeting, and plutonium sales gone wrong.
- A young man named Amed Mohamed was detained by police for bringing a clock to school. Luckily the internet has sprung to his defense, so hopefully his next invention will be met by a more receptive audience. Here’s a round-up of some the best responses, plus our very favorite, a tweet by Omar Gabra which was shared by BoingBoing.
- On the bioethics of late-night cheesecake.
- All authors deserve a second chance!
- Prometheus 2 to feature “grand thinking”! But will the scientists be intelligent this time?
- WARNING: these behind-the-scenes photos of Barbarella might not be SFW; will definitely make you want shag carpeting.
- Seth Dickinson talks about building better worlds, with better evil overlords.
- Go Back in Time… to the making of Back to the Future! (Wakka Wakka Wakka, forgive us, etc.)