You might have thought you’d gotten every Harry Potter book you needed, but… Custom collections site Juniper Books has dressed up the Scholastic editions of the Potter books in their very own “wizard’s robes”—that is, custom jackets for each of the four Hogwarts houses—and they’re so pretty. They also come in a Hogwarts trunk, because of course. All four are gorgeous, but especially Ravenclaw and those underdogs getting their day in the sun, Hufflepuff. (via Cory Doctorow)
Afternoon Roundup brings you Star Wars time dilation theories, racebent fan art, and #TBT alien abduction stories!
- So, now Luke’s the younger twin again?
- Nicola Griffith writes a letter to Hild, the subject of her novel.
- Can Minority Report live up to its cinematic predecessor?
- The first alien abduction story is being adapted for film.
- Not a shred of incestual subtext in this high fantasy novel!
- Why racebending in fan art is so important.
- Get a load of this gorgeous library in Prague.
- Examining the Internet and the ocean, two creepy, unknowable things.
- This robot can’t lose Rock-Paper-Scissors! But how would it do at Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock?