The TARDIS has landed in the UK! According to the investigation into the mysterious blue box that appeared on Brighton Beach, its much-larger interior appears to be filled with… books! The Little TARDIS Library has journeyed through space and time, from Lilliput to Middle-earth to Wonderland—and you’re invited inside to see what artifacts it’s brought back from these literary worlds. And it won’t just be on beaches; it’ll be popping up at schools, libraries (libraries within libraries, is that a paradox?), and parks all over the UK. (Hat-tip to Nerdist for finding this adorable story.)
Afternoon Roundup brings you a Harry Potter bar, Dracula’s real birthplace, and the voices of Night Vale recording the audiobook!
- Accio ALL THE DRINKS. Also, apparently we’ve been pronouncing He Who Must Not Be Named’s moniker wrong for ages.
- The latest Humble Bundle is a collection of Neil Gaiman rarities!
- Finally, a Pokemon adventure taking place in the real world.
- Is calling Whitby “picturesque” and “a sun-scrubbed idyll” going to kill Dracula’s street cred?
- So, Elon Musk is a supervillain now, and Mars had better watch its back.
- But he’s not one of these Marvel superheroes or villains who desperately need their own action figures.
- Talk about a #TBT! Max Headroom has been on The Knick this whole time.
- It’s not yet cold (please, can it be cold?), but maybe if we all start knitting these literary hats, we’ll bring on an especially chilly fall.
- Cecil Baldwin talks about playing someone delightfully imperfect on Welcome to Night Vale. Plus, he and Dylan Marron talk about recording the audiobook!