Quick, if you look at the house pictured above, can you guess which director’s oeuvre it’s based on? If you guessed Stanley Kubrick, you are correct! Artist Frederico Babina has done a wonderful thing with his Archidirector series: he takes directors and re-imagines their individual styles as houses! This is a unique way to see the essence of an artist. You can check out the whole series here, where he honors Ridley Scott, Jacques Tati, Charlie Chaplin, Tim Burton, and more!
Morning Roundup brings you the latest news from Mars, a tricky conversation between Ryan Britt and Austin Grossman, and the darker side of Banksy!
- Matt Damon’s The Martian will be a love letter to science. And, presumably, the awesome power of the humble potato.
- Unparalleled stop-motion animators The Quay Brothers talk about artistry, puppetry, and unity.
- Terminatyr: Gynysys didn’t do too well in the U.S., but at least it’s big in China.
- Terry Pratchett was essentially a perfect quote machine. Here are some of his best.
- Ryan Britt and Austin Grossman talk about Nixon!
- We will all be Groot… again.
- DismaLand is great and all, but Banksy’s roommate is tired of his shenanigans.
- The greatest theme song of all time will return!
- New Yorkers: we’re sad to report that Bergen Street Comics is closing.