While most zombies shamble along, they usually come at you fast enough that you can’t waste time rummaging in a duffle bag for exactly the weapon you need. That’s why wise Instructables member seamster has come up with the perfect zombie-fighting weapon: This souped-up Swiss Army knife includes a machete (obviously), plus a hatchet, two types of wrenches, and more! Though it’s unclear how you’re supposed to hold it… (Hat-tip to Neatorama for finding exactly what we need to defend ourselves in the zombie apocalypse.)
Afternoon Roundup brings you an evil AU Harry Potter, playing with the structure of short stories, and Galaxy Quest news!
- Galaxy Quest finds a home with Amazon Studios!
- Martin Freeman almost wasn’t John Watson due to being a “moody prick.”
- Four authors who are reinventing the short story.
- The science of why we get so darn emotionally attached to celebrities.
- A Dribble of Ink highlights Django Wexler’s nuanced female characters.
- Remember how Michael Fassbender is in Assassin’s Creed? Here’s a first look. (Related: Charles Darwin and Charles Dickens pop up in the new game’s trailer.)
- So that’s where Amelia Earhart ended up!
- And here’s another Jon Snow theory for you!
- Are you there, God? It’s me, Sam.
- In which Harry Potter is the villain, or at least, a very temperamental boy wizard: