The moment that the Imperial Star Destroyer first loomed across the screen in Star Wars: A New Hope was amazing enough—then Empire upped the game by introducing its big mean momma the Super Star Destroyer. But have you ever thought about comparing the size of that ship with something in real life?
Redditor movielover278 created this visual size comparison between a Super Star Destroyer and the island of Manhattan, and… WOW. Do Imperial soldiers need to use space taxis to get around? What’s the trendiest neighborhood on the Super Star Destroyer? Do they also charge tourists $3 for bottled water? WE HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. (via Laughing Squid)
Morning Roundup brings you a history-changing take on The Karate Kid, commentary on banking in medieval fantasy, and #MyFirstPageTurner!
- Gail Simone wants you to share #MyFirstPageTurner on Twitter!
- Before there was Carol Danvers, there was Monica Rambeau.
- Patrick Stewart is just as charming and irreverent as you would assume in his Reddit AMA.
- Are you ready for your first looks at Preacher‘s Arseface and Cassidy?
- Who really wins the game of thrones? Why, the banker.
- They’re spies! They love science! They report to Danica McKellar! A review of Netflix’s new series Project Mc².
- Is Nintendo looking to get back into the movie business?
- 14 female fantasy artists you should be following on Instagram!
- The Karate Kid as we know it is a parallel universe! Here’s the truth about who the real bully is: