Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore is perhaps one of the most contentious characters in the Harry Potter universe, due to his decisions about major life-changing events (mostly Harry’s) and his long game that almost no one actually knew about. But Tumblr artist floccinaucinihilipilificationa knows that Dumbledore can occasionally be a bit of a troll, and has created some snicker-inducing comics that are mostly at Snape’s expense.
Today’s Afternoon Roundup examines a case of “to edit or not to edit,” how sci-fi fandom sparked the gay rights movement, and what happens to discarded celebrity wax figures!
- Benedict Cumberbatch’s Hamlet continues to court controversy, this time over the placement of the famous soliloquy.
- RIP Batgirl Yvonne Craig.
- BRB, re-enrolling in undergrad.
- Meet Moon Girl! She’s like Inspector Gadget, but actually knows what she’s doing.
- No wonder Stubby has a fondness for E.L. Doctorow’s Ragtime…
- Tom Cruise is Jesus! How does Xenu feel about this?
- Canada wants to develop a space elevator.
- Celebrate the end of summer with a superhero barbecue!
- Watch how “oldschool” computer graphics worked in the 1980s: