When HBO announced last week that it had bought Sesame Street, our social media feeds were flooded with all manner of hilarious jokes about to this unlikely mashup. But we only just now saw the great posters that Above Average mocked up, including Big Bird as the head of a crime family and everyone’s favorite roommates as detectives unraveling the mystery surrounding the Yellow King. …Wait a minute!
Afternoon Roundup brings you Banksy’s attempt to troll Disney, an odd yet fitting Twin Peaks shooting location, and a year of being David Bowie!
- This makes all of our dreams come true!
- What Pixar films teach us about architecture.
- Comic books teach us about the frothy history of beer.
- First a female Thor, and now a female Shield!
- Scientist deciphers the mystery words in Gulliver’s Travels.
- Someone give this professor a grant!
- Awful news, as Maryland loses its Batman.
- Anyone want to check out Dismaland? It’s… probably the opposite of the happiest place on Earth.
- The most daunting question of all: Where to start with Stephen King?
- Bill Nye and buddy Arnold Schwarzenegger blow sh*t up, for a good cause: