This past weekend, the Starks and the Lannisters battled it out on the baseball diamond—that is, the Staten Island Direwolves and the Lannister Lions. New York City’s minor league baseball teams indulged in some cosplay to honor avid baseball fan George R.R. Martin, who showed up to the game! The Song of Ice and Fire author tweeted this photo sitting on an Iron Throne made entirely of baseball bats; plus, he brought
a direwolf an arctic wolf named Flurry! Check out Vulture’s full account of the fun night.
Afternoon Roundup brings you a new “Frozen + other Disney movie” theory, more info on Kylo Ren’s past, and Afrofuturist art and commentary!
- Check out new photos from The Force Awakens, including Kylo Ren and General Hux!
- Are Elsa and Anna related to Tarzan?
- This Afrofuturist art is just stunning. Plus, the LA Review of Books looks at post-apocalyptic African SF when the apocalypse is colonialism.
- If ever you doubted how much work Heath Ledger put into his Joker, check out his diary.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and The Blair Witch Project, brought to you by the multifaceted folks at Mental Floss.
- Could Tom Cruise live to die to live again in an Edge of Tomorrow sequel?
- This Korra cosplay has a very clever take on waterbending!
- John Constantine lives! Briefly. On one condition.
- Fan-casting Harry Potter alumni on Broad City, Fear the Walking Dead, and more.
- This season of True Detective was pretty disappointing, but this Star Wars credits mashup isn’t bad: