“Why did I ask for all those #LLAP selfies?” William Shatner asked on Twitter this weekend. “For a GISHWHES task as a tribute to Leonard. Thank you!” Not only does a tribute from Kirk to Spock make us teary-eyed, but that it was part of the massive global scavenger hunt hosted by Supernatural‘s Misha Collins is even more heartwarming. Find out more about the mosaic art, and how exactly Shatner made it happen.
Afternoon Roundup brings you a Mars ghost (maybe), inspirational quotes from an AI, and the Dune supercuts to end all supercuts!
- Blink and you’ll miss this new shot of The First Order from The Force Awakens!
- Bill Murray, public supporter of the all-female Ghostbusters, joins the new movie.
- In news surprising no one, there’s lots of Fantastic Four B-roll footage you haven’t seen.
- How a misunderstanding in 1877 created an entire sci-fi subgenre.
- And then you have the Mars “Ghost Woman.”
- Let InspiroBot enrich your pointless human existence!
- Jared Leto just can’t get enough of those Killing Joke references…
- If you missed out on Tor Books’ Big Summer Road Trip, catch up with author duel videos and Instagram shenanigans.
- You will not be a true Dune fan until you’ve watched this insanely thorough three-hour supercut.
- “Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?” asks the first teaser for HBO’s Westworld: