Star Trek obsessive, game designer, and screenwriter Gary Whitta and his partner in Vulcan parenting, Leah, have created a potty-training book full of sound, highly logical principles. Unfortunately, some silly humans don’t realize that this is a serious book. If your own mini-Vulcan needs help in this delicate area, you can learn more about the book on Whitta’s Tumblr!
Morning Roundup has an update on the magical doings of Doctor Strange, recommended reading from Ursula LeGuin, and a cavalcade of villains!
- Stephen Strange will employ an army of enchanted brooms to clean his Greenwich Village apartment!
- Useful websites!
- Sick writerly burn from Ursula LeGuin: “I tend to avoid fiction about dysfunctional urban middle-class people written in the present tense. This makes it hard to find a new novel, sometimes.”
- The other Sherlock Holmes adaptation is also set to return! No, not that one, the other one.
- Here comes a scientist to suck all the fun out of The Fly, regurgitate the fun, and suck it all up again.
- Some of these are not so much “villains” as “troubled antiheroes”. Oh, and beware of spoilers.
- The dark side of stage magic.
- Gawker breaks down the disconnect between movie execs, who allowed Pixels to happen, and the rest of us, who desperately wished they hadn’t.
- We don’t always go in for Epic Rap Battles of History, but the Stan Lee/Jim Henson kerfuffle takes such a weird dystopian twist we had to share: