We don’t know how we missed Wondermark‘s comic listing all of the supernatural collective nouns when it first went up, but a signal-boost from Electric Literature put it on our radar, and we are so grateful. Because how else would we know how to properly classify a prize (indeed) of Nessies, a craving (yum?) of golems, or—just in time for The Force Awakens—a jake of Jedi?
Afternoon Roundup brings you a twist in the Fantastic Four backlash, book recs from China Miéville, and Dumbledore as Death!
- Is studio meddling to blame for Fantastic Four being the opposite of its title?
- Yes, the corpse art on Hannibal is divine, but let’s not forget the soundtrack.
- If you’ve missed out on these enchanting animated GIFs, educate yourself now.
- Naomi Novik reviews N.K. Jemisin’s The Fifth Season!
- Once you’ve beaten Super Mario Bros., embark on your real adventure wandering through the crumbling Mushroom Kingdom as the laconic Ennuiji.
- This Harry Potter fan theory makes the case for the Deathly Hallows being present much earlier in the series.
- Media theorist Douglas Rushkoff talks science, God, and the purpose of reality.
- China Miéville shares his favorite books, including a very necessary haunted house story.
- The Honest Trailers guys talk about their impact on movies, including Captain America: The Winter Soldier: