Now you can wear your Kushiel pride proudly without the permanence and pain of a back tattoo or poking your eye. Author Jacqueline Carey shows off Litographs’ specialty T-shirt and tote bag filled with the text of Kushiel’s Dart. She’s also running a giveaway today for fans, so send your favorite quotes (we know you have one) her way.
Afternoon Roundup brings you mundane sci-fi, the surprising beauty in Twitter controversies, and the very best aged whiskey!
- Want to know when Ghostbusters, The Dark Tower, and the Jumanji reboot are all coming out? Sony Pictures lays out its film slate.
- So, just how bad was Fantastic Four? You’ve read our review calling it unfinished; others say it’s “a tragic chore,” unaware of its comic book heritage, and all manner of other scathing commentary.
- Please let Eddie Redmayne whisper-scream his way through the life story of L. Frank Baum.
- Less “fiction” and more “science,” especially as relates to humanity’s ability to even survive on Earth through another generation or two.
- Have you heard the good word about Exploding Kittens??
- So… subtweeting just makes for fascinating mitosis-looking diagrams.
- Why are we so obsessed with creating the hoverboard? And what’s it like to actually ride one?
- Going Clear director Alex Gibney wishes Jon Stewart didn’t go so easy on Tom Cruise. Related: Tom Cruise’s best sci-fi movie moments.
- Pour us a glass of this when it comes back from its epic trip on the ISS.
- If you can get past the Daily Show-esque satire framing each segment, this new webseries interviews female STEM professionals each week: