Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, one of the greatest films of all time, premiered 30 years ago this week! In celebration, Paul Reubens posted a few behind-the-scenes stills from the shoot, and while they’re all adorable, we particularly loved this one of a young Tim Burton rasslin’ snakes!
Morning Roundup looks at the state of film criticism, the state of the superhero film, and the state of Samuel Delany!
- Will that Howard the Duck reboot come out before you die?
- An update on what we’re calling the Busters-verse!
- You could do worse than immersing yourself in all of Mr. Robot‘s influences.
- Prepare yourselves for The Rise of Harry Potter, Jr. …what? No, not that one, the other one.
- A deep and maddening look at the death of The Dissolve.
- Are you a young, African-American, female nerd? The Black Girl Nerds have some advice for you!
- The New Yorker considers Samuel Delany’s awesomeness, and a rare misstep by Isaac Asimov.
- NBD, just Benedict Cumberbatch playing another tortured genius.
- A lovely tribute to the late comics artist Seth Kushner.
- Kick-ass books for kick-ass girls! And kick-ass boys too.
- Which books do you pretend to have read?
- SFF has given us so many fantastic words!
- This headline is fun, but the article is pure gold.