Maybe Darth Vader felt just a little guilty about blowing Alderaan to smithereens, because as this photo shows, he did his little bit of goodwill and adopted a highway. Or, you know, a normal person co-opted the Sith Lord’s moniker (and, later, his helmet) to raise awareness about the Adopt-a-Highway program. Virginia bus driver Henry Wakley took it even further when he dressed up as Vader to pick up trash along the roadway—making Anakin truly a role model for the kids.
Afternoon Roundup brings you Frank Miller discussion from the most unexpected source, #firstworldapocalypseproblems, and snarky posthuman commentary.
- Barnes & Noble explains why Nnedi Okorafor’s Lagoon is posthuman sci-fi at its snarkiest.
- Can Death actually die? Looking ahead to Supernatural season 11.
- The odd reasoning behind cutting a certain character from the Attack on Titan movie.
- But here comes the Neon Genesis Evangelion bullet train!
- Not gonna lie, Disney Channel isn’t where we figured we’d see intelligent commentary on The Dark Knight Returns…
- Join Ursula K. Le Guin’s online fiction crafting workshop!
- Even after the apocalypse, you can never unsubscribe.
- Could there be a Green Lantern Corps movie?
- Jeff VanderMeer ponders the eternal question: “Are we alone?”
- “Nothing good is safe while Snow is alive.” YES: