Cosplayer Sonia Cool is not content to simply slap on a San mask, or even lumber about in a giant fluffy Totoro outfit – she has decided to become one of Hayao Miyazaki’s most complex characters, Howl’s Moving Castle! The castle is walkable (although it does weigh about 30 pounds…), and blows smoke, but as far as we were able to find out, it doesn’t open into any alternate dimensions…yet. You can see the whole build here!
Morning Roundup brings you news of Ant-Man and IT, Spider-Man gets back to his high school roots, and a tribute to the art of Chuck Jones!
- So, who saw Ant-Man this weekend? Kevin Feige talks about how the diminutive hero fits into the larger Marvel world.
- The IT adaptation has found a new director, which is great, but could we please start talking about Pennywise, please?
- And the latest Spider-Man movie has screenwriters! And it’s also being described as Marvel’s crack at a John Hughes movie, which is a Saturday detention session we want to see.
- Here’s a look at how young Russians are finding identity through cosplay.
- Linda Belcher talks about her Emmy nomination!
- Japanese hotels are now being run by LITERAL DINOBOTS.
- Roger Ebert’s original 1977 review of Star Wars is heartwarming.
- A praise song for the greatest bouncer/philosophy student of this modern age, John Dalton.
- And finally, the great art of Chuck Jones: