In looking for patterns among images on the Internet, Google’s Deep Dream source code often creates psychedelic versions of whatever it comes across. So what happens when you get Google to Deep Dream about pop culture images? Flavorwire has a whole gallery. And here we thought there was no way to make Mad Max: Fury Road even more bonkers!
Afternoon Roundup brings you a live-action Aladdin prequel, the pitch meeting for Wishbone, and a whole new way to watch (or should we say, listen to) The Wizard of Oz.
- Tatiana Maslany finally gets an Emmy nomination!
- Sir Ian McKellen is charming as always in his Reddit AMA!
- Some of the Minority Report props made it from the movie to the television set.
- What can two horror screenwriters tell us about the Genie’s past?
- “NO. He is a LIVE JACK RUSSELL TERRIER. His eyes are fathomless pools of knowledge reflecting all the pathos of great literature.”
- Why haven’t the filmmakers behind Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow ever made a follow-up?
- Betsy Ross joins Sleepy Hollow season 3, but with a twist!
- An argument for retiring the “lovable misogynist” movie hero.
- Dragons make the best wingwomen.
- Forget Dark Side of the Moon—mash up The Wizard of Oz with They Might Be Giants.
- Shiver in delight at this epic ’90s Disney supercut: