San Diego Comic-Con brought us the new trailer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but it took an eagle-eyed fan to make this connection. Someone mashed up Superman and Zod’s big fight from Man of Steel with our first look at Bruce Wayne in Batman v Superman, and now you get an idea of how personal Batman’s vendetta against Superman actually is.
Afternoon Roundup brings you the best Nightmare Before Christmas singalong, Klingon in the government, and Ernest Cline on Armada.
- Even if you missed out on Danny Elfman performing nearly his entire oeuvre for adoring fans, you can read a glowing review, watch Elfman channel Jack Skellington, and check out the rad costumes everyone wore. Oh, and then Elfman shared the stories behind eight of his classic scores.
- RIP Nintendo President Satoru Iwata, who has died at 55. Of course there are already countless touching tributes from the Internet, so get ready to ugly-cry.
- The Welsh government wins for best Klingon response to a UFO-related question.
- Will Comic-Con leaks change how studios present new footage?
- The corpse-resurrecting Amazing Spider-Man 3 that could have been.
- Bummed your favorite characters aren’t coming back for Heroes: Reborn? You still get to find out their fates via a slew of tie-in novels.
- The problem with saying “the all-female Ghostbusters.”
- Ernest Cline explains why sci-fi has been prepping us for an alien invasion for years.
- Lev Grossman talks about the Magicians trilogy at Google!