Almost every person on that stage has superpowers.
The above photo was the culmination of Fox’s panel at San Diego Comic Con 2015, where the combined casts of Fantastic Four, X-Men: Apocalypse, Deadpool, Wolverine 3, and Gambit got their picture taken by Stan Lee in an attempt to set a record for most superheroes on stage at once.
Click through for highlights.
Since Fantastic Four is only one month away from release, the cast and creators didn’t have anything to share. Ryan Reynolds and the cast of Deadpool essentially stole the show away from with a special “Masterpiece Theatre” style intro and some extremely R-rated footage. There were F-bombs and lewd jokes aplenty from the footage and the panelists.
The panel closed off with lots of details on X-Men: Apocalypse:
The next Wolverine movie will be Hugh Jackman’s last time in the role. He strongly hinted that it will be an adaptation of (or at least incorporate) the “Old Man Logan” mini-series. The movie will be directed by James Mangold.
- X-Men Apocalypse is set in 1983 and the X-Men consist of: Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast, Angel, Storm, Jubilee, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Havoc. Quicksilver, Mystique, Moira MacTaggert, and Magneto are also present.
- Magneto has “hung up his cape” at the start of the movie and has even started a family.
- Apocalypse can control mutants, enhance their powers, is ageless, and has been seen as a god a couple of times throughout history.
- When Magneto first meets him he asks Apocalypse “who the fuck are you?”
- Apocalypse looks just he does in the comics, as evidenced in early footage show in the panel and an SDCC-special poster:
— ErikDavis (@ErikDavis) July 11, 2015
A Leaked snapshot from the teaser featuring Storm & Apocalypse pic.twitter.com/tnqIv2pxzL
— X-Men: Apocalypse (@XApocalypse2016) July 12, 2015
- Storm has her mohawk in the film, Psylocke has her 90’s purple costume, and James McAvoy is playing a bald and sharp-suited Professor X. Angel does, at some point, become Archangel.
- Actor Oscar Isaac on Apocalypse’s outlook is: “This world that we have, it’s not the world it should have been, because god’s been asleep. But then god wakes up. Much like a cult leader, he sees people that need something, that want something, and exploits that.”