This is Brad Bird hanging out with an old friend at SDCC. And if this image has maybe, ah, stirred up some emotions, we have some news. But first let us ask: how are your tear ducts? They doing OK? Well, just in case they need some exercise, there will be a special limited-engagement screening of The Iron Giant in September. Because sometimes we all need to sit in a dark room with strangers, weeping uncontrollably.
Morning Roundup brings you news of the new(est) Spider-Man, changes in the land of cons, and an update on the urban planning of City of Blades!
- Marvel’s going in a bold new direction with the new Aunt May…
- Thoughts on the new, young, brash, not-Harrison Ford Han Solo!
- We were saddened to hear of The Dissolve‘s dissolution. Here’s a eulogy for their fine filmic meditation.
- io9 tells you everything you could possibly want to know about Termynator: Genisys.
- A look at gender and comic-con attendance!
- Borges, math, and synesthesia. WOOO!
- Robert Jackson Bennett ruminates on his City of Stairs sequel, City of Blades.
- Edgar Wright talks about Suspiria!