Artist Justin Ponsor gives us “Mad Max Mayhem” because, like all the best people, he sees Muppets everywhere. And while Animal is the best possible choice for Max, and Janice makes a stellar Furiosa, we are deeply, deeply happy that he spared us the sight of Fozzy Bear as Nux. So Shiny. So Wakka.
Afternoon Roundup brings sad news from the Black Panther production, highly spurious news from a comet, and bittersweet news from Terry Brooks!
- While we tend to be wary of propaganda campaigns, Panem’s seems well-intentioned.
- THE AGE OF GUNDAM BEGINS. Finally.
- It looks like Black Panther is still looking for a director…
- Wonder Woman is a “super-important” superhero according to Zack Snyder.
- Honestly? We could take being killed by Arnold Schwarzenegger. It’s the idea that the last thing we’ll ever hear is one of those terrible jokes…that’s what keeps us up at night.
- Now your house can smell like your favorite books!
- Is Philae making alien friends? Um, probably not…
- It’s OK, children of the future: if you want people to stop singing “Let it Go” at you, just tell them you’re named after a Grail-hunting Nazi double agent.
- Apollo 13 made a bumpy but successful crash landing in theaters 20 years ago!
- Terry Brooks chronicles the end of filming the Shannara Chronicles.
- Our long national Grease-based nightmare is over.