School hallways can be grim places, but a group of teachers at Biloxi Junior High School found a way to lighten the mood. They’ve turned the 8th grade English hallway into an “Avenue of Literature” by transforming 189 unused lockers into the spines of books! This seems like the best possible thing that could ever happen to a locker. One question though: if you paint them to look like C.S. Lewis books, will the lockers become doorways to Narnia?
We hope everyone is embarking into an exciting weekend! Morning Roundup sends you off with thoughts on sci-fi, fond remembrances of filmic phone phreakers, and some fabulously dark fairy tales.
- Is sci-fi predicting the future, or creating it?
- Proof that economics can be interesting, as long as you insert Warboys and starships.
- Crash ‘n’ Burn!
- Iron Man armor meets Asgardian armor.
- Return to Oz, the scariest kids’ movie ever, is also one of the best.
- Kelly Link, surreal genius.
- Kirkus compiles July’s essential sci-fi for your sci-fi reading convenience.
- And so it begins.