Ash, it’s been far too long. Starz has released the first image from Ash vs. Evil Dead, and Bruce Campbell is still a stock boy, 20-odd years on, and looks appropriately bloody. We’ve never been happier to see a chainsaw in our lives.
Afternoon Roundup brings you the first round of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child theories, a discouraging timeline for more diversity in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the best case of mistaken slash fanfic.
- You think you know all of the Harry Potter covers? Think again.
- Plus, Bustle ponders 13 different characters who could be the “cursed child” of the new Potter play.
- How one man’s poetry got misinterpreted as Supernatural slash fanfiction.
- Will it really take a decade for us to maybe see an LGBTQ character in the MCU? Comics Alliance tracks the limited representation in preexisting comics and franchises.
- Plus, an interesting piece on how laughter was one comics reader’s gateway drug.
- But never fear, because Disney is unveiling its first-ever virgin princess!
- Bone up on your grimdark as The First Law Trilogy comes to Orbit!
- For Hump Day, another Horcrux theory, this one with bonus cannibalism, mmm.
- Why Disney marriages never actually work: