This weekend brought a wonderful slate of Pride-themed artwork and photographs, but this one got us right in the feels: People paid tribute to Alan Turing’s statue in Manchester, decorating it for Pride and leaving messages of love. Not nearly as much as the man deserved, but a wonderful small gesture.
Morning Roundup brings you a bonkers fan theory combining Indy and Vader, something you may never have noticed about Disney princesses, and a Star Trek confession.
- Zadie Smith. Sci-fi. Yes.
- We always knew Japan’s Stationmaster Tama was a goddess, but now it’s official.
- If you’re traveling through space and time with the crews of these four books, you’ll probably be driven mad.
- Speaking of insane space, here’s an Indiana Jones/Darth Vader conspiracy theory about Adolf Hitler for you.
- Meanwhile, Admiral Ackbar battles suburban ennui and the urge to say those three words everyone expects of him.
- Michael Crichton’s Micro is coming to the macro screen.
- Disney princesses whose eyes are literally bigger than their stomachs.
- The secret nerd shame of never having watched Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Olivia Munn shows off her sword skills as Psylocke.
- Remixing Jorge Luis Borges’ “The Aleph” in a deliciously Borgesian (but also maybe illegal?) way.
- Why has text-based dungeon game Avalon remained so popular for over 25 years?
- Wit Terminator: Genisys out this week, please enjoy the Honest Trailer for Terminator 2: Judgment Day: