First Dan Hipp made us ugly-cry over Robin reading Harry Potter, and now he makes us cheer: He’s rounded up a bunch of iconic badass women as the “Furious 7”—led by Furiosa, of course, with support from Brienne of Tarth, Ripley, Gamora, and others.
Afternoon Roundup brings you what Inside Out got right about memories, a nature documentary in the style of Michael Bay, and the harsh reality of being a Disney princess.
- The Atlantic discovers what we’ve all known for a long time: The Sorting Hat is a personality test for the modern age.
- Meanwhile, a neuroscientists fact-checks how Inside Out handles memory.
- On the one hand, Hasbro seems to be misgendering the Jurassic World raptors, but on the other hand, it’s conducting a poll to vote for the female Star Wars action figure you want to see.
- Yeah, Hallucigenia is probably the most aptly-named sea creature of all time.
- Aww, we are cringing so hard for Eric Stoltz right now.
- Don’t worry, Spider-Gwen is staying in her own multiverse.
- Ezra Miller might join Eddie Redmayne in finding fantastic beasts.
- Den of Geek didn’t enjoy the Orphan Black season 3 finale as much as we did, and has four ideas to improve season 4.
- Wait, why are bats and crocodiles fighting in the first place?
- Amy Schumer destroys your dreams of being a Disney princess faster than Cinderella’s stepsisters ruined her first ballgown: