Quick, which fairy tale is this? If you think it’s a tiger-centric, even more awesome version of Beauty and the Beast, you are correct! South Korean artist Nayoung Wooh has taken some of our favorite Western stories, and transformed them into manwha-style art. So far she’s created an adorable Alice in Wonderland, a creepy Little Red Riding Hood, a lovely Snow Queen… and an absolutely killer Furiosa. You can see more of her work here, on her blog, and on Twitter!
Morning Roundup is pleased to bring you the very best in internet links! We’ve got inside info on Inside Out, we’ve found something mystical on the Upper East Side, and the Warboys go to the Opera!
- It’s the mark of a great film when some of there are too many good ideas to make the final cut.
- We are, once again, CANCELLING THE APOC-wait, sorry, it’s the other one…um, WE ARE CELEBRATING OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY.
- A GLORIOUS DAY ARRIVES AT LAST. Wait, can we recall that?
- The Fisher King is getting a Criterion edition! Check out this lovely essay on Terry Gilliam’s attempt to create a real world aesthetic for a fantastical story.
- Brian Staveley talks about writing the Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne, and looking toward his post-Throne future!
- This is how the Sydney Opera House celebrated the Mad Max: Fury Road premiere last month.
- And finally, “Gandalf’s death was so metal he came back to life a different fucking color.”