ClickHole, which always knows us so well, has drawn a comparison we never considered: Cylons, the Terminator, and HAL are all different stages in the same terrifying robot evolution. We should’ve seen it in those evil red eyes, whether they’re humanoid, in visor form, or just one glowing, malicious, I’m-afraid-I-can’t-do-that orb. Read more, including Ray Kurzweil’s NSFW thoughts on artificial intelligence versus mankind.
Afternoon Roundup brings you sad news in Bryan Fuller-land, an argument for gun control in Hollywood, and a remix almost as good as The Picard Video.
- Say it ain’t so: NBC cancels Hannibal.
- Forget books, now you can check out kittens.
- Reintroducing Miles Morales in the new Spider-Man #1!
- Is that the Doctor in a Buffy comic?
- A deep dive into the True Detective season 2 credits.
- Could Hollywood go a year without any movies with guns?
- RIP James Horner, composer of your favorite terrifying (Aliens) and thrilling (The Amazing Spider-Man) scores.
- Why there’s still a lot of Edgar Wright in Marvel’s mentorship heist comedy Ant-Man.
- Lewis Carroll, Alan Moore, and other SFF authors who hated their legacies.
- Don’t know where to start with anime? Let Attack on Titan, Outlaw Star, and Cowboy Bebop be your gateway animes.
- The wisdom of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, set to an electric beat: