Father’s Day is an emotionally difficult holiday for Darth Vader, what with watching the mother of his children die of a broken heart, blowing up his daughter’s home planet, and slicing off his son’s hand. But, as this comic from Savage Chickens shows us, there was one year where everything fell into place. That is, Luke’s severed hand fell into some Stormtroopers’ laps and they made that Father’s Day the best one Anakin Skywalker had ever had. Check out the full comic to truly appreciate this tribute to the Empire’s Greatest Dad.
Afternoon Roundup brings you exciting Black Panther news, a sad goodbye to a comics creator who revolutionized one of our current favorite female superheroes, and a reason to be grateful for Jurassic World.
- That said, the Skywalkers have nothing on these weird SFF father/son duos.
- Rumor has it Marvel is tapping Ava DuVernay to direct Black Panther!
- Meanwhile, The Shannara Chronicles continues to add to its cast.
- Say it ain’t so! Kelly Sue DeConnick to leave Captain Marvel.
- Fantastic Books to publish Tanith Lee’s final collection Dancing Through the Fire.
- Jurassic World exists so that Steven Spielberg didn’t have to remake Jurassic Park.
- Is Hawkgirl The CW’s answer to CBS’ Supergirl?
- What Sense8‘s Nomi and Amanita mean to viewers with trans partners.
- There seems to be a recent flurry of posts (serious and silly) about genre villains actually being heroes—the latest case is being made for Sauron.
- You know what doesn’t get enough love? The art of the spacewalk. Thankfully, NASA’s made a documentary called (appropriately enough) Suit Up: