We always knew Japan would find a way to make Totoro real. In what may be the greatest trend in all of recorded history, Japanese cat parents are using simple white paper cut-outs to turn their unsuspecting cats into Totoro. Try it on your own kitty!
Morning Roundup brings you more Jurassic World news, more Levar Burton news, and a praise song to summer reading lists!
- Jurassic World has stomped all over the planet like some sort of Indominus Rex! Cloned dinosaurs we can believe. But sprinting through jungle undergrowth in those pumps? A little much. But, putting that aside, Chris Pratt has some acting advice, Wired would like a word about pterosaurs, and this ten-year-old girl will guide you through the scariest parts of any scary dino movie.
- And thus, Rian Johnson begins his rescue of Star Wars.
- Levar Burton talks about the greatest show of all evers, Reading Rainbow!
- Terrible title. Interesting article.
- Just in case you end up in front of a mirror, and get a funny feeling like you’re being watched, here are five ways to tell if the creepy mirror is actually one-way glass.
- The joys of summer reading.
- Hey! It looks like thE U.S. might be getting those two early Murakami books we’ve been wanting!
- Check out this cool interview with editor Ellen Datlow!
- [Update: the Prometheus/Alien mashup we posted seems to have been pulled, but you can read about it here.]