Last November, the European Space Agency’s Rosetta space probe and Philae lander shared a bittersweet goodbye as the latter landed on Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. A misfired harpoon anchor and lack of sunlight made Philae fall asleep, and we feared that might have been the last we heard from the plucky little lander. But then ESA Rosetta shared the exciting news that Philae has awoken from its seven-month nap, along with the adorable drawing above. Hello, Philae, we can hear you loud and clear. Find out what’s next for Philae (including, we hope, more cute Twitter exchanges).
Afternoon Roundup brings you ALL the Game of Thrones thinkpieces and theories, actually functional dystopian societies, and a workable idea for Jurassic World 2.
- So! Game of Thrones season 5 wraps up with perhaps the most deceptive episode title, “Mother’s Mercy.” If you’ve watched it, join the online conversations about whether a certain character is really dead (actor and showrunners both weigh in); that walk of shame; and a frustrating last scene for one character. Plus, Vulture asks if Game of Thrones‘ many character deaths have simply become a gimmick by now.
- Uproxx pitches We Bought a Jurassic World, directed by Cameron Crowe and starring Matt Damon (and co-starring the three faces Chris Pratt made in the entire movie?).
- Your Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy headcanon is now actual canon, and it is so sweet.
- The Cumberbaby is here!
- Now, hear them out…
- If you’re going to throw a Harry Potter-themed party, these are the treats you’ve got to make. Especially that butterbeer ice cream, mmm.
- Braavos’ Faceless Man gets his own Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt-esque anthem/earworm: