The She Guardian is a 36-foot-tall bronze winged-cat-dragon-hellbeast-thing that is currently guarding Central London from all attackers, giant mice-dragons, and nightmare-free slumber. She Guardian was made by Russian sculptor Dashi Namdakov, and is an expression of motherly love and protectiveness. Check out Mashable to see some full-body shots of this gorgeous monster!
Morning Roundup has collected some more thoughts on dinosaurs that are guaranteed to leave you foaming at the mouth for Jurassic World! …in a good way. Also, reconsiderations of Deep Impact and Tomorrowland, and an appreciation of the all-important sci-fi control panel!
- Ryan Britt does his best to untangle the crazy history of Michael Crichton’s Jurassic Park books.
- Since everyone already loves Chris Pratt, we’re guessing the Mosasaur will be the breakout star of Jurassic World.
- We’ve got our first images from the set of The X-Files! It’s nice to see how they’re using the social media that’s now at their disposal.
- We’re still holding out for another Howard the Duck movie. It could work, dammit!
- xkcd weighs in on The Martian!
- Which kind of person are you?
- Tomorrowland‘s disappointing box office performance is only one part of its story, and certainly no barrier to future cult status. But does it actually give us the optimistic futurama we were promised?
- Paolo Bacigalupi talks about scarcity, survival, and environmental sci-fi in The Water Knife!
- A serious review of some of the greatest control panels in all of science fiction.
- In which the scientific accuracy of Deep Impact is reconsidered.
- Could these five dystopias actually work?
- Because what we really needed was a dub remix of the Game of Thrones theme song from TV on the Radio: