Ohh, our hearts. Collider tweeted this sweet photo of dearly departed Christopher Lee on his last day on the set of The Hobbit with Peter Jackson, who bestowed upon him this little token of his and Fran Walsh’s affection for their Saruman. That was just one of Lee’s many memorable roles; EW has rounded up their favorites. Meanwhile, Elijah Woods, Mark Gatiss, Tim Burton, and more pay their respects.
Afternoon Roundup distracts you with sexy science, reads up on Spider-Gwen, and learns what Jurassic Park and Super Mario Bros. have in common.
- With Jurassic World out this week, Vulture ranks all 16 Michael Crichton novels, one reviewer argues that the movie’s dinosaurs technically pass the Bechdel Test, and a commenter eagerly looks ahead to Jurassic Galaxy.
- Robert Galbraith announces a new book, Career of Evil!
- Looks like X-Men: Apocalypse is trying to recreate the best sequence from X-Men: Days of Future Past.
- Female scientists are fighting back against sexist comments with the #distractinglysexy hashtag. In fact, some male scientists are getting in on the joke, too.
- You all loved The Martian trailer so much that Fox is pushing up the movie’s release date by almost two months!
- George R.R. Martin doesn’t want any more emails about Game of Thrones plot twists.
- A review of the “roller coaster ride” that is Spider-Gwen #2 and #3.
- Here’s why you can’t get the Tetris, Mario, or any classic video game theme out of your head: