When user of Imgur Partrimilgrimage went on a round the world trip, they decided that Community‘s Greendale Human Being would be the ideal traveling companion! Here’s the featureless, waxy, Human Being visiting his new featureless, waxy friend/future self Gollum in New Zealand. Check out all of its adventures, including stops at Mt. Doom and the Studio Ghibli Museum! [via Dan Harmon, user of Twitter.]
Morning Roundup brings you the next phase of Star Trek, the next phase of Guardians of the Galaxy, and a new look at an Arthurian tale!
- Exploration? Examining humanity? Rising above cultural differences in order to communicate with those different from you, and possibly even form something like a family? What does Justin Lin think he’s directing, a Star Trek movie?
- James Gunn celebrated finishing the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 script the way he seems to celebrate everything: with an impromptu Facebook Q&A session.
- Do you believe that all of us are born with the inherent right to be Spider-Man? If so, we have a parade you might want to join.
- “welcome to my castle, we’ve definitely never cut off each other’s heads before, my name is Bertilak and I am a regular human color, how are you”
- The Once and Future Podcast dropped by BookExpo America for a chat about books with Ryan Britt, Ellen Datlow, and Lev Grossman!
- Here are a few SFF books that aren’t so much “fiction” as much as they’re “dire warnings of the fate which may yet befall us if we’re not careful and oh yeah read more Samuel Delany.”
- We love all robots…but we have to admit, this Popular Mechanics piece has a point.
- Minecraft? Or real life?
- And finally, TACOS. IN. SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE.