We’re surprised it took this long for someone to modify My Little Pony figures into Mad Max: Fury Road characters, but artist Kelsey Wailes‘ work was worth the wait. The details are just excellent, from the distressed manes (some buzzed) and tails to Furiosa’s arm to the fact that Immortan Joe was already wearing a horse-teeth mask. (Hat tip to Nerd Approved for spotting these!) And the bug seems to be catching, with one person modding a Barbie doll (it’s her best look yet) and another constructing a fan-made Funko POP! Furiosa that needs to sit in the driver’s seat on all of our desks.
Afternoon Roundup welcomes the return of the Mockingjay, dissects dragons (well, the next closest thing), and hails King Macbeth.
- Katniss and co. get even closer to bringing down the Capitol in the first image from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2!
- Speaking of franchises, Warner Bros’ film chief talks about how DC will compete with Marvel. Plus, here’s the latest synopsis for Aquaman!
- You think you’ve read Stephen King’s entire body of work? Here are the 7 stories he refuses to publish.
- What you learn about dragons by dissecting a T-Rex.
- For anyone who ugly-cried over Tangled, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider’s adventures will continue on the Disney Channel.
- George R.R. Martin explains why he didn’t feel that he could make Game of Thrones an egalitarian fantasy society.
- Joel McHale! On The X-Files! We can’t wait.
- Does Marvel’s all-female A-Force herald a more inclusive era of comics? We’re getting animated Kamala Khan, so that’s a big deal!
- Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard are foul and fair in the first trailer for Macbeth: