A lot of retelling Dungeons & Dragons campaigns is that “you had to be there” mentality. Now, A.C. Stuart is bridging that gap with Your D&D Stories, illustrated comics depicting the kookiest moments from tabletop quests. This dragon comic comes from a challenge he put out, asking for one-sentence, out-of-context D&D quotes. (via MetaFilter)
Afternoon Roundup trains for alien invasion through video games, practices making illuminated manuscripts, and gets inspired by Shia LaBeouf.
- Ernest Cline has managed to turn his ’80s nostalgia into an entirely different book from Ready Player One. Read the first chapter of Armada!
- Mad Max: Fury Road isn’t steampunk, it’s dieselpunk.
- Neil Gaiman addresses Lucifer backlash from conservative groups.
- Sofia Coppola will not be part of our world.
- Ever wanted to create an illuminated manuscript? The Quill project will take you through the process, step by step.
- Can you spend 24 hours in Disneyland without going insane?
- It’s like watching “Worf Gets Shut Down” every week!
- No matter what Tomorrowland says, the future has always looked bleak on film.
- Your new favorite Game of Thrones character (spoilers for last Sunday’s episode) is Coldemort.
- Orphan Black gives lesbians and fans of lesbian OTPs everywhere an amazing meme.
- Speaking of memes, Shia LaBeouf (rattail and all) crouches, shrieks, and shames Luke Skywalker in this motivational video parody: