Comic Book Resources recently posed a fun challenge to the internet: send us your Golden Age version of modern comics! All of the entries are great, but our favorite is this Archie-ied version of Scott Pilgrim, from cartoonist Rachel Ordway. We think she captures the epic awkwardness of both characters beautifully!
Morning Roundup brings you news of the Ninja Turtles, more thoughts on Tomorrowland, and a breakthrough in the printing of human skin.
- Maybe the inclusion of Rocksteady and Bebop will transform the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies into enjoyable works of, if not art, at least fun popcorn fare?
- We had our issues with Tomorrowland, but we agree that its original vision should be supported!
- Designing video games should be exhilarating, not exhausting, right?
- 3D-printed skin.
- And speaking of how we all live in the future now (at least for the moment) one constant problem with using future tech in your movie is that once the future actually happens? Most of that tech is going to look awfully silly.
- Here, now, are the weirdest questions ever posed to the New York Public Library reference desks.
- Another day, another fantastic Kelly Link interview! What? She keeps saying interesting stuff!
- And now, we suggest you begin your week with a viewing of the greatest kung fu epic to ever come out of Scandinavia.