Now this is taking cosplay to the next level: An inventive cosplayer modeled her look after Kirbi Fagan’s excellent reimagining of Princess Peach for Muddy Colors’ Women Redesigning Women Characters piece. So meta, so badass. (Hat tip to Orbit Books Creative Director Lauren Panepinto for putting this pic on our radar!)
Afternoon Roundup hopes but doesn’t hope that Sean Connery will return for the new LXG; mentally inserts The Rock into every situation; and thinks the universe is trying to tell us something.
- 20th Century Fox is taking another stab at The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
- Chinese sci-fi blasts off at BookExpo America!
- All of her years writing about Dementors have set up J.K. Rowling to sass the Westboro Baptist Church on Twitter.
- San Andreas is proof that The Rock makes everything better.
- Tumblr takes the question of “how did they defrost Cap” really seriously.
- An argument for the golden age of sci-fi being 29.
- The Jurassic World director talks about the irony of putting the Indominus Rex on party plates.
- More details on Arnold Schwarzenegger picking up the mantle of Conan again, 30 years later.
- Now you too can ride through the gates of Valhalla shiny and chrome!
- Humankind has finally discovered what the universe is actually for! (NSFW language, amazing Bill Nye cameo on Inside Amy Schumer.)