Will ThinkGeek never stop dreaming up odd but perfect nerdy toy combos? Citing the little-known subculture of Star Trek horticulturists, they’ve created this set of garden gnomes for Kirk, Spock, Gorn, and (of course) an ill-fated Redshirt. We appreciate this little guy’s noble sacrifice, so that Gnome-Kirk and Gnome-Spock could explore this treacherous land. (A tip of our gnome hats to Epic Stream for finding these!)
Afternoon Roundup wants to know why Hogwarts hasn’t been invented yet, dances to “Axel F,” and guesses the title of the first Future Library book.
- Remember Margaret Atwood’s 2114 novel? She’ll be handing over the manuscript next week.
- An amazing Netflix glitch is bringing us The Hunchback of Notre Dame with dinosaurs, and Star Trek with trash-talking.
- We do believe in Reese Witherspoon, we do, we do!
- “Seriously. Scientists. Flying broomsticks. Get on it.” Saturday Night Live‘s Pete Davidson live-tweets (with plenty of language) his Harry Potter movie marathon.
- This fan theory will give you an excuse to see Mad Max: Fury Road yet again.
- Comparing Sam and Frodo’s trek through Middle-earth to real-world hikes.
- What Val Kilmer, Alanis Morissette, and Morgan Freeman have in common.
- This Spider-Man toy is… well, it’s something.
- Bill Murray doesn’t even have to speak in the teaser for his Netflix Christmas special: