We would watch the hell out of a Lord of the Rings remake starring LEGO mini-figs and giant cats. This image comes courtesy of French artist Samsofy, who sums his work up thusly: “My work combines the techniques of photography, street art, model making and installations; in my created microcosms, I play with scale and material to alter perception.” He has indeed made us perceive the Balrog as a big old kitty, and that has made our morning. [via Bored Panda!]
Morning Roundup brings you honest talk with Clive Barker, an honest trailer with the Wachowskis, and some more thoughts on Mad Max: Fury Road!
- Uh-oh…did a beloved Game of Thrones character meet his doom without any of us noticing?
- There’s more to the science of Discworld than turtle biology.
- Will Mad Max: Fury Road’s admirable gender politics shape future action films? Plus a film critic’s septugenarian mother-in-law reviews the film, and is pleased to report that “The band kept things lively.”
- Andy Dwyer can be in as many movies as he wants, and we’ll go to all of ’em.
- Living legend Jules Feiffer talks to NPR about his crazily multi-faceted career.
- And Clive Barker talks about his career, which maybe has a few facets that not even Feiffer has explored.
- Look back at 40 years of special effects with ILM!
- Experience the first 21 days of a bee’s life, from a safe, stinger-free vantage point.
- We loved Jupiter Ascending, but this (very spoilery) Honest Trailer is still hilarious.